About the S-SHSQ
The Sheehan – Suicidality / Homicidality Screening Questions (S-SHSQ) is designed to quickly screen for suicidality and homicidality in clinical and in research and correctional facilities settings. It is not a substitute for the standard Sheehan – Suicidality Tracking Scale (S-STS) or the standard Sheehan – Homicidality Tracking Scale (S-HTS). These screening questions do not constitute a basic suicidality or homicidality assessment. These questions were adapted from the Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview (MINI) Screen.
The S-SHSQ has 6 core questions, 3 for suicidality and 3 for homicidality. It is available in both a lifetime look-back and a generic timeframe look-back to accommodate a variety of timeframe contingencies to meet the need of the individual clinician or setting. The S-SHSQ can be either clinician-rated or patient-rated. If the patient answers “yes” to any of these screening questions, you should follow-up by administering the S-STS / S-HTS.
For any scientific questions relating to the S-SHSQ, contact David V Sheehan MD MBA directly by email at email@example.com
License Agreements for Use of the S-SHSQ
To license the S-SHSQ for Use in a Study or for a Healthcare System:
- To License the Paper / PDF Version for Use in a Research Study with Grants >$50,000 or for a Pharmaceutical Company – There is a charge of $1 per single administration (not per patient enrolled). The amount is payable in full before study initiation. (click here to download this license agreement)
- To License the Paper / PDF Version for Use in a Research Study with Grants <$50,000 – The S-SHSQ is available free of charge to undergraduate and graduate students and for academic colleagues for educational use and for use in a small study with less than $50,000 funding as long as it is properly cited and proper copyright attribution is given on any study documents. (click here to download this license agreement)
- To License the Paper / PDF Version for Use in a Healthcare System – There is a charge of $1 per single administration (not per patient). The amount is payable in full before use. (click here to download this license agreement)
- To License a Computerized / Electronic / Mobile or Tablet App Version for Use – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Training for the S-SHSQ
For information about training on the S-SHSQ, please contact: email@example.com
Translations and Linguistic Validation of the S-SHSQ
Mapi (http://www.mapigroup.com) is the official translation and linguistic validation service for all variants of the S-SHSQ.
MAPI Language Services is the exclusive coordinating center to ensure the production of consistent and conceptually equivalent translations of the S-SHSQ and to provide linguistic validation and certification of these translations and should be contacted directly for this purpose. MAPI Language Services may charge its own usual fees for this work.
MAPI Research Trust
27 Rue de la Villette
69003 Lyon France
tel: +33 (0)4 72 13 66 67
fax: +33 (0)4 72 13 66 68/ :+33 (0)4 72 13 69 50
How to Cite the S-SHSQ
Use the following citations in referencing the S-SHSQ:
- Sheehan DV, Giddens JM. (2015). Suicidality: A Roadmap for Assessment and Treatment. (1st ed.). Tampa, FL: Harm Research Press. Nov. 2015 (Available from: http://HarmResearch.org) ISBN: 978-0-9969729-0-1
- Sheehan DV, Giddens JM. (2016). Suicidality Assessment and Documentation for Healthcare Providers: A Brief, Practical Guide. (1st ed.). Tampa, FL: Harm Research Press. April 2016. (Available from: http://HarmResearch.org) ISBN: 978-0-9969729-1-8